This blog has been archived! To view my new blog and recent work click HERE!

Coffee & a Good Read

Growing up I was never much of a reader but over the last 10 years or so I've come to actually love and enjoy reading.  Some of my defining moments in life have come from books filled with truth and wisdom.  So I thought I would share some good reading with you.  

I won't bore you with what the book is about...although, I have to tell you that this is not a boring book at all whatsoever.  I will only share with you the books that are, in my opinion, some of the best books I have ever read and have helped me and are still helping me to become the person I am and want to be.  Here is one:

"A leader has to do it, no matter how many obstacles there might be."
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
~John C. Maxwell

I could talk about that one line for a long time.  Obstacles, since childhood, have tried to take me down and make me depressed and keep me a 'victim' my whole life.  But I just heard someone the other day say, "you can slow down, but you can NEVER give up."  It's okay to rest but you can't stop the race.  You might fall a thousand times but you only fail when you refuse to get back up again.  I have fallen at times and couldn't get back up for months and in some instances years, but I was determined to get up and finish the race that I started.  And it is in those moments when I finally make it across the finish line, do I realize those are some of the greatest and most defining races I will have run.

If you're running a race that seems too difficult to finish or you can't see the finish line I say those same words to you, " you can slow down, but you can NEVER give up!"





0 comments:






Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio