This blog has been archived! To view my new blog and recent work click HERE!

Back to life...back to reality!

Back to life...back to reality
Does anyone else remember this song!?!
It was 1989, I was seven years old wearing my hot pink stretch pants with florescent green socks rolled at my ankles.  My hair was in a side pony tail and my shirt was tied in a low knot in the front.

That's the memory I have associated with this song!  I just went back to look at the lyrics and wondered how on earth a seven year old got away with listening to words like that!!!!  Although, I'm afraid to admit that this was one of the more clean songs I used to listen to...I can't believe it!
The crazy thing is now we're back to wearing stretch pants but we call them leggings and side pony tails are back in we just wear them low and sweep them over our shoulder.  Tapered jeans are in now but we like to refer to them as "skinny jeans."  Let's just call it like it is:)  Funny how styles come back around and we just rename them so they're cool again.

Back to life and back to reality is right where I'm at.  Jay and I just got back from an incredible vacation...without any kids!!!  That's the reason for my lack of blogging.  We decided back in February it was time to get away and get refreshed when I so kindly told Jay 'someone is going to lose their head and it would probably be you.'  He immediately got on the computer and planned our vacation to Maui, Hawaii.  We stayed at the most beautiful resort, the Honua Kai.  Honestly...the most amazing place I've ever stayed.  Our goal while we were there was not to go to all the tourist attractions...it was to simply lay on the beach, be bored and have uninterrupted conversations.  We accomplished our goal and it was AWESOME!!!  We wish we could have stayed longer and put the kids on a plane to meet us there but such is life.  We missed the kids so much but also had a really great time with just the two of us.  It's now no longer optional...we need to make more time for just him and I together.  Maybe not such a long vacation but even more date nights.  Here are a few pics from our trip.  Makes me want to go back...maybe some day:)




0 comments:






Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio