This blog has been archived! To view my new blog and recent work click HERE!

Q&A: Get to know me!

This photo?  One of my all time faves!!!!
 
 
 
Here are some questions I am frequently asked that you might be interested in:
 
 
Q: How did you get to where you are today? 
A:  A lot of failures and a few successes!  I always had a love for photography but began to realize it was more than that when I took a trip to Uganda, Africa in 2002.  My husband and I got married in 2004 where we met our amazing photographers Doug & Sally Smith! (If you are in or around Georgia you've got to look them up!)  At our first meeting at a local Starbuck's I knew we just had to be friends...honestly two of the most fun and refreshing people I have ever met!  That following year I pushed my fears aside and asked Sally if I could be her 'apprentice' and just follow her around.  I didn't want her to pay me...I just wanted to learn!  I had no idea what I was doing but knew I wanted to do it!  For Christmas in 2005 Jay bought me a Canon 20d and the rest is history!

Q:  What is your favorite thing to photograph? 
A:  I've kind of been all over the board the last few years.  I started out shooting weddings and then when I had my daughter I was doing more portrait photography...which led me to newborns.  There is nothing more incredible and sweet than a newborn...maybe I feel like that because I have had two and the love that you have for this new little life is amazing.  Now that both of my kids are getting older I am diving back into weddings and I.am.loooooooving it!!!!  So...to sum it all up my passions are weddings and newborns!

Q:  Camera?
A:  Well, I've got my old school Canon 20d and I know I should and need to move on but it's my first love...and you never forget your first love!  But...it's time, I have moved on to the Canon 5d Mark II...I have been stalking it for some time now and almost have it in my possession!

Q:  Favorite lens?
A:  50mm 1.2 is hands down my favorite lens!  But what is my favorite and what's actually in my bag are two completely different things:)  So until one day when the 1.2 and I are official, I am loving my 50mm 1.4...which is still a GREAT lens!
 
Q:  What is some material that has influenced you over the years?
A:  I am reading one.of.THE.BEST.books I have read in a long time!  It's called the 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell.  This book is a few things to me: humbling, challenging, life altering, envisioning...and is seriously lighting a fire under me!!  I would HIGHLY recommend it if you are looking for a book like that!  Some other material is wedding magazines, style & fashion magazines(some, not all-I don't enjoy nudity or almost nudity so I'm pretty picky about which ones I will pick up and give the time of day), The Search for Self Worth  (One of the biggest foundational teachings of my life!  Helped me to discover who I am outside of my insecurities and life situations & to be secure with who God created me to be).  Anyway, just a few that have impacted my life greatly!

Q: What is one of the best pieces of advice you've been given?
A: Be yourself!  You're never going to be able to be someone else...stop striving and just be who you were created to be!  I still have to constantly remind myself of this that my style is my style...I don't need to be someone else...I can learn from others and implement some elements of someone's style & learn from them...but I will never be them...that's not who I was created to be.
 


1 comments:

Chelsie said...

Love that photo too Michelle! My favorite from all photos that day!






Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio