This blog has been archived! To view my new blog and recent work click HERE!

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes & the Epicurious App

Okay.seriously....best.muffins.EVER!  I wasn't too sure if I'd like them...me and pumpkin pie aren't the best of friends but we do get along from time to time.  I only went through with making these because I told my three year old the day before that we would...and she never forgets anything!  Seriously...I wish I had a memory like hers!  Anyway, if you want to knock some socks off this Thanksgiving season you've got to make these!!!

My friend, Joey, has been showing me all sorts of fun apps for my Ipad...one of my best purchases yet for the business:) Anyway, he showed me this app called Epicurious.  If you have an Iphone or Ipad and have a love or semi-love for cooking or just need some new dinner ideas you HAVE to get this!  You type in what ingredients you have to make something and it gives you recipes for it.  Anything!  And if you are one of many people with gluten allergies...this is definitely for you!  So here's my recipe and photo for the pumpkin pie cupcakes.  If you make these you can't leave any ingredient out...even the little bit of lemon zest on the top...it's the perfect compliment!  

When I get to heaven...my house just might be made out of this stuff:)



Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 egg whites
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
6 tablespoons skim milk (I used 2%)
3 tsp.vanilla extract
12 muffin liners

Frosting
6 tablespoons cream cheese, room temp.
6 tsp. butter
6 tablespoons confection sugar
6 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Grated zest of 1 lemon

Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmet, & salt until combined.  Set aside.  Mash (or mix) granulated sugar & butter in another bowl until combined.  Stir in egg whites, then pumpkin, milk & vanilla.  Add dry ingredients; stir until just combined.  Pour batter into lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. Bake until cupcakes spring back to the touch 10-15 minutes.

Beat cream chees, butter & confection sugar in a bowl with mixer until smooth.  Add yogurt & vanilla; beat until combined.  When cupcakes cool, frost & garnish with zest.  (To zest a lemon just take your cheese grater and use the smallest grater and grate the outside of the lemon! Just make sure you wash your lemon first.)

Okay so I thought I made these exactly how the recipe told me to but after typing this out I have realized I made a couple of adjusments...so I gave you exactly what I did.   

You're gonna loooooove these...I stand by my word:)

2 comments:

Amelia Dofelmier said...

I love epicurious!!

Amanda Reardon said...

Those look amazing!! I'm totally going to make them!






Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio