This blog has been archived! To view my new blog and recent work click HERE!

Father-Daughter Banquet at GHCC

This is one of the greatest times of the year for me to be a part of...Generational Hope Christian Center's Father-Daughter Banquet. 

I watch as each girl comes through the doors beaming with pride and beauty as she walks arm in arm with her dad.  She's been looking forward to this evening for weeks...she goes shopping for the perfect dress and gets her hair & nails done.  I look over to my right and see a one year old little girl being held by her daddy and just behind her a grown woman who has children of her own standing proudly with her own dad.  A few minutes later I see a young lady walk in who's dad has been absent in her life but amazingly still has a smile on her face and a "dad" who takes her under his wing as one of his own.

I wish more of the world would embrace the importance of a father in a daughters life.  A father is the one who gives his girl the "stamp of approval" for her life.  He is the one who "sets her price tag" as to how much she feels she is worth.  If she is lacking the attention and investment of her own dad she'll go looking for it somewhere else.  I speak from a place of knowing what it means to 'look for it somewhere else' because my own dad didn't know how to speak worth and value over me.  And because of that I'm constantly stressing to my husband how important it is to have our little girls heart by spending time and speaking words of affirmation to her.  It's one thing for me to do it but when her dad does it she lights up and I can see it being stored into a completely different place in her heart.

This is an evening to remind dad's that its worth taking your daughter out for a fun evening of dress up, flowers, dinner and a good laugh...but more importantly doing and saying special things every day to build them up.  The question that is left with each man as he leaves is a good one to leave you with today: 

What you value is what you will put your time and investment into...what is she worth to you? 















With help from Josiah Michael, the photo portion of the evening was not only a success but so much fun!  Thank you Joeysiah:)  

For more information about Generational Hope Christian Center click HERE.

0 comments:






Followers

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio